Ramsgate office address
Cooke & Co Estate Agents and Letting Agents
78 Queen Street
Standard Opening Hours
- 8.45 until 18.00 Monday to Friday
- 9.00 until 17.30 Saturday
- On Sundays the branch is closed but we can still arrange unaccompanied viewings.
Extended Office Hours
Cooke & Co now has a fully manned answering service open until 8pm every evening and all day on Sunday. This is to assist our clients to make viewings and to sell or let their homes. If you leave a message between 6pm and 8pm then we will attend to this as soon as possible, usually the next working day.
Bank Holidays Opening Hours.
We open 10am until 4pm on bank holidays with the exception of Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day. Hours are subject to change at management discretion.
Key staff members
- Mr Damien Cooke MNAEA MARLA (Owner of Cooke & Co)
- Miss Victoria Field (Area Manager)
- Mr David Kemp. (Senior Sales Negotiator)
- Mr Charlie Mitchell (Sales Negotiator)
How to get to the Ramsgate Office
Please find below a simplified travel plan from the A2 out of London onto the main M2 motorway which is the main route from London and the North. If you were travelling on the alternative M20 motorway which terminates at Dover you would take the A249 or A299 which are the junctions situated around Maidstone onto the M2 and follow the instructions from that point. There are also main links from Dover, Deal and Sandwich with signs generally directing you to Ramsgate. This route uses the A256. Dover is about 30 minutes from Ramsgate.
- From A2 (Do watch for speed cameras on A2)
- Continue onto M2 (signs for Dover/Channel Tunnel/Canterbury/Chatham) 25.7 mi
- Continue onto Thanet Way/A299
- Continue to follow A299 16.2 mi
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Ramsgate Rd/A299
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto A299
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Canterbury Rd E/A299
- Continue to follow Canterbury Rd E
- Go through 1 roundabout
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto London Rd/B2054 There is a good Shell petrol station on this road
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto W Cliff Rd This is near Pugin’s House
- Continue onto Queen St
- Destination will be on the right Waitrose is on the left
- Cooke & Co Estate & Letting Agents 78 Queen St Ramsgate
Parking your car or motorbike
Parking in Ramsgate without paying is virtually impossible, especially in the summertime, but there is an excellent car park opposite the office which is free if you spend a few minutes filling up with delicious treats at Waitrose. Alternatively, there is pay and display parking right outside the office and a multi storey car park close by. The Thanet traffic wardens are like swooping hawks so buy a ticket and avoid the yellow lines or your trip by the sea will be spoiled with a parking ticket.
We have an excellent bus service in Thanet called The Thanet Loop run by Stagecoach, there are main hubs at Westwood and Margate Town Centre in Cecil Street near the Thanet Council Offices.
Queen Street in Ramsgate has many bus stops. This service allows you to travel to Cliftonville, Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Birchington, Westgate and surrounding areas. All Cooke & Co offices are on main bus routes. See Stagecoach timetables for full details.
We now have a high speed link to and from London from St Pancreas although if you get hungry then pack a picnic as there is no buffet car or trolley service. The upside is you can charge you phone, laptop or just some battery's, if you feel that way inclined, for free with the socket under you seat.
- St Pancras Stop ID: STP
- Train London St Pancras to Ramsgate International towards Margate approximately (1 hour 20 minutes, 5 stops)
- Service run by South Eastern
- Penultimate stop: Minster
The alternative is the original Broadstairs seaside service from Victoria Station.
- Trains from London Victoria usually board on platform 2 or 5
- Ramsgate is where service terminates. Service via Gillingham where train divides.
- The train terminates at Ramsgate and Dumpton Park is the stop before
- It takes approximately (2 hours) If you fall asleep you will be woken by a friendly cleaner at Ramsgate station with a prod from her mop.
Be careful at Gillingham as the train splits usually with the rear 4 coaches heading off to Dover Priory. If you are on those by mistake you may never be seen or heard from again! The front coaches go to via Whitstable and Herne Bay towards Ramsgate. Service run by South Eastern
The station closest to Ramsgate office is Ramsgate International Station and there is a taxi rank right outside the station. If you are feeling like a nice walk then the office is approximately a mile away following the road down towards the seafront. The walk is downhill and we recommend taking Station Approach Road and then Chatham Street, swiftly past Asda and the superb red brick Chatham House Grammar School. It takes about 25 minutes of brisk walking.
This gives you a good idea of what the pleasant tree lined suburbs of Ramsgate are like as well as the High Street shopping which has not suffered too badly. Don't be tempted by the other estate or letting agents on route as we make better tea or coffee and with Waitrose biscuits on the cards you're in for a treat.
About the Ramsgate branch
The Ramsgate office opened in 2009 following a full refurbishment and modernisation and was opened by Damien's daughter 'Becky'. Situated on a prime corner position opposite Waitrose. The branch was painted in a traditional grey with modern signage and white accents picking out some of the ornate features. We are reliably informed that our offices were originally a mobile phone shop. In 2016 the office was again, completely refurbished and refreshed inside and out with our exciting new branding and logos, striking red signage and slate grey colour scheme makes this office stand out from the rest.
The building is fully illuminated at night and offers an attractive large window display. Access to the office is extremely easy with our office being close to Waitrose as well as being situated right on a main bus route. For our clients comfort we have full air conditioning and have both open areas as well as more private offices for confidential discussions.
The office deals with both sales and also advertises our properties to let across Thanet. For sales listings we cover all areas surrounding Ramsgate including the prime executive locations of the Westcliff and the London Road area as well as wonderful St Lawrence, Central Ramsgate, Cliffsend and the rural villages of Manston, Minster and Monkton.
We use an award winning system that gives our properties full exposure right across Thanet. We extensively use social media and this gives us the ability to offer London and national coverage for Thanet properties that is second to none. At Cooke & Co we all work together towards the common goal of renting or selling Thanet homes in an enjoyable, professional and efficient way.
Make 'A move in the right direction' and 'Come live by the sea.'