Margate Sales Office
Margate office address
Cooke & Co Estate and Letting Agents
147 Northdown Road
Standard opening hours
- 8.45 until 18.00 Monday to Friday
- 8.45 until 17.30 Saturday
- On Sundays the branch is closed but we can still arrange unaccompanied viewings.
Extended Office Hours
Cooke & Co now has a fully manned answering service open until 8pm every evening and all day on Sunday. This is to assist our clients to make viewings and to sell or let their homes. If you leave a message between 6pm and 8pm then we will attend to this as soon as possible, usually the next working day.
Bank Holiday opening hours
We open 10am until 4pm on bank holidays with the exception of Christmas day, Boxing day and New Years day. Hours are subject to change at management discretion.
Key staff members
- Mr Damien Cooke MNAEA MARLA (Owner of Cooke & Co)
- Mrs Sarah Hanna (Valuer)
- Mr Justin Smith (Valuer)
- Mr Vincent Bridges (Sales Negotiator)
- Mr Andrew Collings (General Accounts )
How to get to the Cliftonville/MargateOffice
Please find below a simplified travel plan from the A2 out of London onto the main M2 motorway which is the main route from London and the North. If you were travelling on the alternative M20 motorway which terminates at Dover you would take the A249 or A299 which are the junctions situated around Maidstone onto the M2 and follow the instructions from that point. There are also main links from Dover, Deal and Sandwich with signs generally directing you to Ramsgate. This route uses the A256. Dover is about 36 minutes from Ramsgate.
- From A2 (Do watch for speed cameras on A2)
- Continue onto M2 (signs for Dover/Channel Tunnel/Canterbury/Chatham) 25.7 mi
- Continue onto Thanet Way/A299
- Continue to follow A299 16.2 mi
- At the roundabout at the square in Birchington, take the 2nd exit onto Canterbury Rd/A28
- Continue to follow A28,
- You will travel through a set of traffic lights and although a dual carriageway it’s a 30-40mph speed limit.
- There are often mobile speed cameras at Birchington and also 2 fixed speed cameras, one near King Ethelbert’s School and one in Westbrook both coming to and going from Margate.
- Follow the road until you reach the sea front with sandy beaches to your left, this is Marine Gardens near Margate Station 5.6 mi
- At the traffic lights follow the seafront, take the 1st exit onto Marine Dr/B2051
- Continue to follow B2051. You will go past the old town and the Turner Centre, then the Winter Gardens and finally the lido all on your left about 1.0 mi.
- The main road darts sharp right and then left by Queens Court a block of retirement apartments
- Take the first junction on your right as you pass Queens Court onto Sweyn Rd
- Destination will be on the left at the top of Sweyn Road 0.2 mi
- Arrive at 147 Northdown Rd, Margate, Kent CT9 2QY and we will make you a tea or coffee.
Parking your car or motorbike.
You can park on the majority of roads which link Eastern Esplanade (The Seafront) to the Northdown Road. In these roads their is no payment or set time limit and they tend be be covered by Thanet Councils CCTV system. There is also a public car park in Harold Road Cliftonville about a five minute walk from the office or there is paid for parking on the main Northdown Road. Thanet does have a lot of traffic wardens who sneak around and pounce like a praying mantis, so please don’t park on double yellow lines or forget to get a pay and display ticket. A parking ticket would spoil your day out by the sea.
We have an excellent bus service in Thanet called The Thanet Loop run by Stagecoach, there are main hubs at Westwood and Margate Town Centre in Cecil Street near the Thanet Council Offices.
This is the main bus hub in Margate. This service allows you to travel to Cliftonville, Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Birchington, Westgate and surrounding areas. All Cooke & Co offices are on main bus routes. See Stagecoach timetable for full details.
We now have a high speed link to and from London from St Pancras although if you get hungry then pack a picnic as there is no buffet car or trolley service. The upside is you can charge you phone, laptop or just some batteries, if you feel that way inclined, for free with the socket under you seat.
- St Pancras Stop ID: STP
- Train London St Pancras to Margate Train towards Margate approximately (1 hour 22 minutes, 6 stops)
- Service run by South Eastern
- Penultimate stop: Ramsgate
The alternative is the original Margate seaside service from Victoria Station.
- Train for London Victoria usually platform 2 or 5
- Ramsgate is where service terminates. Service via Gillingham where train divides.
- Margate is 4 stops before Ramsgate and Westgate is the stop before
- It takes approximately (1 hour 50 minutes)
Be careful at Gillingham as the train splits usually with the rear 4 coaches heading off to Dover Priory. If you are on those by mistake you may never be seen or heard from ever again! The front coaches go to via Whitstable and Herne Bay towards Margate. Service run by South Eastern rail.
The station closest to Cliftonville office is Margate Station and there is a taxi rank right outside the station. If you are feeling brave then the office is approximately 2 miles away following the seafront towards the clock tower. The walk is uphill and takes about 30 minutes of brisk walking.
About the Cliftonville / Margate branch
Cliftonville was the first of four Cooke & Co offices and was established in 1992by founding owner Damien Cooke MNAEA MARLA ,The Margate branch is situated in a prime position on the junction of Sweyn Road and the main Northdown Road in Cliftonville, Margate.
The branch is painted in a distinctive traditional grey colour with modern signage accents picking out some of the buildings ornate carvings. We are reliably informed that our office was originally a tram station.
The building is fully illuminated at night and the offices are set over two floors offering our clients one of the largest property window displays in Thanet. Access to the office is extremely easy with plenty of surrounding on road parking as well as being situated right on a main bus route. For our clients comfort we have full air conditioning and have both open areas as well as more private offices for confidential discussions.
Damien oversees this office making this office licensed by the NAEA and ARLA. Damien is assisted by his experienced team who all live locally. These include Mr Vincent Bridges who is our newest staff member. Ms Sarah Hanna who has worked for Cooke & Co for over 19 years and has an excellent reputation, being a champion of the Turner Centre and Justin Smith who has experienced working at all three Cooke & Co branches over a eight year period. Together they make a formidable team.
The office deals with both sales and lettings although lettings is dealt with by a dedicated separate team within the Cliftonville office.
We are pleased to cover all areas surrounding Margate including the historic Old Town, home to inspirational Turner Contemporary art gallery, Cliftonville, Westbrook, Westgate, Birchington, Palm Bay and the surrounding Villages. Our lettings department covers the whole of the Thanet area. We link all our local offices together, and they work together not against each other. We use an award winning system that gives our properties full exposure right across Thanet.
We have won many awards for customer service and we advertise using many different strands including property portals and social media platforms giving us the ability to offer London and national coverage for Thanet properties that is second to none. At Cooke & Co we all work together towards the common goal of selling or renting Thanet homes in an enjoyable, professional and efficient way.
Make 'A move in the right direction' and 'Come live by the sea.'