Tenants Do’s & Dont’s
In most circumstances, Cooke & Co we will be acting as the landlords managing agent, any queries or problems you may have should be directed to us where we will help you solve them. It is important that you check the inventory and make any changes before signing. It is your responsibility to make a note of any discrepancies and omissions and put them in writing to us. This avoids any problems which may arise at the final inspection.
Here is a list of a few items that will make your life as a tenant far easier and will help prevent problems.
Things we encourage you to do.
- Enjoy your rented property, its your home.
- Do advise us of any change in your personal circumstances. We can try and help
Do make sure that you understand the terms and conditions of the initial
holding agreement and your tenancy agreement.
- Ask if you are not sure of
- Make sure that you have checked your inventory and informed us in writing of
any discrepancies within 7 days of moving in as this is used at the end of
tenancy to prove condition.
- Inform the relevant utility companies of your move into rented accommodation.
- Hand back all keys in your possession at the time of moving out.
- Ensure that your rent reaches Cooke & Co by the rent due date.
- Inform Royal Mail of your move out / into rented
- Let us know us immediately if there are any maintenance problems.
If you think something’s dangerous let us know straight away.
- Always ask if in doubt about anything and put important questions in writing.
Please Don’t it will only cause you problems
- Be late paying your rent it will cost you fees and interest
- Don't tell us you've been burgled so you can't pay the rent.
- Don't call the emergency number unless it is a real emergency such as a burst pipe
- Don't forget to take out contents insurance, please see above.
- Don't make excuses about missed rents, we've heard them all.
- Be rude or aggressive or rude towards any member of the Cooke & Co staff as this will not be tolerated.
- In the case of abuse or violence towards staff we will always contact the Police and press charges .
- Move out without advising Cooke & Co you will be charged for loss of rent.
- Break the terms of the tenancy agreement.
- Damage the landlords property in any way.
- Create any noise or nuisance, do think of your neighbours.
- Use your dilapidation's deposit as your last months rent.
- Redecorate or carry out maintenance repairs without the permission of Cooke & Co.
- Refuse reasonable access to your landlord, representatives or tradesmen. There may be a charge.
- Think you can do cleaning or repairs once you have moved out.
- Allow friends or guests to stay long term without obtaining approval from Cooke & Co.