Terms and Conditions and Site Ownership.
Who are we
- Cooke & Co Estate Agents & Letting Agents Margate/Cliftonville & Cooke & Co Estate Agents Ramsgate are owned solely by Mr Damien Cooke sole director of Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited.
- Cooke & Co Cliftonville & Ramsgate are registered for VAT. Number 200 2230 96
- Registered UK Company Address for service:- 147 Northdown Road Cliftonville Margate Kent CT9 2QY. Registered in England. Company Number 09219361.
- All rights to the Cooke & Co Estate Agents & Cooke & Co Estate Agents and letting agents trading style including the slogan 'A move in the right Direction', 'Come Live by the Sea and the key and house device known as the Cooke & Co logo are owned solely by Mr Damien Cooke.
- Cooke & Co’s Broadstairs office is owned by Pagedales Limited T/A Cooke and Co Estate Agents. Director. Mr Damien Cooke.
- Pagedales Ltd uses the Cooke & Co trading style under licence from Mr Damien Cooke.
- Pagedales registered office is:- 23 Newmarket Beccles Suffolk NR34 9HD.
- Pagedales Company number is:- 2875434.
- Pagedales Limited T/A Cooke & Co Broadstairs are registered for VAT. VAT number 640 4600 74
Terms and Conditions
This is a general and freely available site and the information does not constitute professional property advice on any particular matter. Whilst the information is believed to be valid for the purpose of general information,
We cannot be held responsible for the outcome of actions based on the information. In the case of a specific property problem, professional advice must be sought from your main contact at Cooke & Co Estate and Letting Agents.
If you are not a client of the firm please send an email to email@example.com who will try and resolve any issues for you.
E-mail's to and from Cooke & Co are automatically scanned for computer viruses and for unacceptable content. However, We give no warranty that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Email's are sent from a PC belonging to Cooke
& Co or can originate via a mobile device. Its contents are confidential to the sender and the intended
recipient. If you receive it in error, please tell us by return and then delete
it from your system. You may not rely on its contents nor copy/disclose it to
anyone. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this email are those
of the sender and will not bind Cooke & Co unless confirmed by an
authorised representative independently of this message. If you have any queries or
have been sent this mail in error please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cooke & Co staff and directors use social media to promote the Cooke & Co brand. We use Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Our social media name is cookeco. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this email are those of the sender and will not bind Cooke & Co unless confirmed by an authorised representative independently
"cookeandco.com", "cookeandco.co.uk", "Cooke & Co Estate Agents and Letting Agents" , the slogan "A move in the right direction and the key and house combined logo device known as the Cooke & Co logo are trademarks of Cooke & Co Estate Agents and are owned solely by Mr Damien Cooke and/or its affiliates and all rights are reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, We and/or our affiliates own copyrights in the Site and in all of the content on the Site including photograph and videos.
These are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All our rights are reserved. (c) 1992 old logo, (c) 2013 new logo Cooke & Co. You may print off one copy of any page(s) from the site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted. Our status as the authors of material on the Site should always be acknowledged.
Apart from this, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any page(s) from the Site, and any deletion or modification of the content of the Site, or use of the content for any unauthorised purpose, is in violation of our copyrights. If you wish to make any use of material on the Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com
Accessing the Site
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and is subject always to these Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to the service without notice. You are responsible for arranging access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that anyone else accessing the Site through your internet connection is aware of these terms and that they comply with them. We update the Site regularly and so may change the content at any time.
If the need arises, We have the option to suspend the Site or to close it indefinitely.
You will use the Site for lawful purposes and only as authorised in these Terms and Conditions. You are to keep secure and not disclose any password that We may give to you. Any such password will only be used for the authorised purpose We communicate to you and you will be liable for any unauthorised use of your password.
Linking to the Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Links to Other Sites
You may find links from the Site to independently managed sites whose content We have found of possible interest to visitors. We cannot control the content that may appear on these sites or any attachments thereto and accordingly We expressly disclaim any liability for the content that may appear on any site or any attachment thereto which may be accessed through links on the Site and make no warranty or representation regarding defamation or otherwise, with respect to the same.
Before making any business or personal decision relating to property you are advised to speak to a specialist surveyor. Each of the tools on the Site is provided for general guidance only. You should not rely on the tools in making any business or personal decisions and the firm cannot accept any responsibility for any losses occasioned by the use or misuse of those tools.
Codes of Practice
Cooke & CO Estate Agents and Letting Agents are members of The Property Ombudsman (TPOS) , The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) , The Association of Residential Landlords (ARLA) and The National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) along with the Kent landlord Accreditation Scheme (KLAS) and The Safe Agent Scheme.and subscribes to its Code of Practice and complaints procedure, details of which can be obtained from your local branch or on-line at www.tpos.co.uk.
From time to time we may contact you to seek your consent to using your details in any compliance or monitoring process.
Data Protection and Privacy
The Site and all the content on the Site is provided for use "as is" and "as available" and any reliance upon the same is at your sole risk. Whilst We take all reasonable care to ensure that the content on this Site is accurate, We cannot guarantee its accuracy and We reserve the right to change the content on this Site at any time. We make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Site or the content of the Site,including any text, graphics, advertisements, links or other items. Further more, neither We nor any other contributor to this website make any representation or gives any warranty, condition, undertaking or term either expressed or implied as to the condition, quality, performance, accuracy, fitness for purpose, completeness or freedom from viruses of the content contained on the Site or that such content will be accurate, up to date, uninterrupted or error free.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use to which you put this Site and all the results and information you obtain from it and that all warranties, conditions, undertakings, representations and terms whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, We and all contributors to this website hereby disclaim to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use this Site.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The Courts in England will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to the Site. English Law will apply to these Terms and Conditions.
Variation of these Terms
It is your responsibility to check the Site regularly to determine whether these Terms and Conditions have been changed.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you), the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
Competition & Promotion Rules & Terms
1. These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
2. The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted by Cooke & Co Estate and Letting agents either online or on or off of their premises (www.cookeandco.com) or at our offices located in Cliftonville, Broadstairs and Margate and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
3. Cooke & Co reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of our reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the Cooke & Co website (www.cookeandco.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited.
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
6. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the Thanet, Kent area of the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside Thanet, Kent, United Kingdom may not apply. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
7. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Cooke & Co (Thanet Limited) assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these Rules. In any promotion with alcohol as a prize or promotion all entrants would need to be over 18 years of age. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
8. Cooke & Co(Thanet) Limited reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Cooke & C0 (Thanet) Limited disqualifying that person, without Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
9. Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited ); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
10. In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
11. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
12. There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
13. Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. The offer or prize will not be able to be used or combined with any other promotion. In the event that Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
14. Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
15. Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited in its sole discretion).
16. Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
17. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
18. Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
19. Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited and Pagedales Limited accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize. Cooke & Co(Thanet) Limited Ltd accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
20. You agree that Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited Ltd (and any third party authorised by Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited ) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the cookeandco.com website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Cooke & Co (Thanet ) Limited (and any third party authorised by Cooke & Co(Thanet) Limited ) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
21. Cooke & Co (Thanet) Limited or Pagedales Limited will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
22. All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
23. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
24. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
2. A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: [Name of Competition], Cooke & Co 147 Northdown Road Cliftonville Kent CT9 2QY.
If you have any concerns about material that appears on the Site please contact firstname.lastname@example.org